second annual Plein Air Invitational  Monday May 7, 20I8 to Sunday May I3, 20I8
Free and Open to the Public

George.jpg

The Tamworth Visitors Council (tamworthusa.com) has planned a wonderful week-long experience for artists, collectors and art lovers to enjoy and celebrate these artists and their works in nature here in Tamworth.

The week will kick off with a meet and greet welcome dinner at The Preserve at Chocorua, where artists can mingle with local and visiting art collectors and art lovers. Local lodging businesses will be offering special rates for guests interested in attending any of the week long events.

During the week, invited artists from around the country and local celebrity artists will be painting scenes in and around the five villages of the Town of Tamworth. Nightly, a local business will host an artist’s reception or village walk for guests and visitors to see the day’s accomplishments. There will also be a Quick Draw Competition, on Saturday May 12 at The Tamworth Farmers Market, 9:00am, which challenges artists to complete a painting in three hours or less and a Small Works; Small Price event at the last showing,  to ensure art is affordable to all.

20170511_192625.jpg

The Collectors Gala on Saturday May 12th 5:00pm, will have a Big City Feel with Small Town hospitality, featuring an Art Show under a magnificent Sperrytent, and closing with first class entertainment. Pianist-singer-songwriter Judith Owen, is known for her love of musical variety and melding it into a great stylistic gumbo all her own. Her latest release, ‘Somebody’s Child’ is the culmination of this mix: voice and piano front and center, songs that are vignettes of life crafted from the perspective that we ARE all “somebody’s child” – parental as well as planetary. An album about us.

The album features the legendary Leland Sklar on bass, and master percussionist Pedro Segundo, and both will join her at The Preserve on May 12th, for Wet Paint's closing Gala. Sklar is very familiar to music fans having played across 2,000 albums, including Phil Collins, Billy Cobham, Rod Stewart, James Taylor, Hall & Oates, Jackson Browne, David Bowie, Ray Charles, B.B. King, The Doors and countless others. The art show will be free and open to the public from 5:00 – 7:00pm, followed by the ticketed concert event at 7:30pm. Concert tickets ($25.00) will be available to purchase on the Wet Paint website, and at the door.

20170508_230059.jpg

Remick Museum also has a couple of events scheduled during Wet Paint Week, on Friday May 11th, a Fireside Gathering, 7:00 - 8:30 pm (weather dependent). Remick staff will gather around the campfire to share a few nuggets of information: it could be about animals, vegetables or minerals or something found along the road. This program is free but donations are always greatly appreciated. Calling ahead (323-7591) to RSVP is helpful but walk-ins are always welcome. The second program is Planning Your Medicine Garden, May 12th, 1:00 - 3:30 pm Ages 18+ (16+ with parent or guardian) Cost: $30 members, $35 non-members Through slides, discussion, a garden visit, and tasting, get to know the planting needs and uses of 17 beautiful medicinal plants, share teas made from some of our subjects, and take home a booklet of their planting and harvesting guidelines. There will be potted herbs for sale. Registration closes Wednesday May 9th or earlier when full. (www.remickmuseum.org)

The artwork produced each day will be available for purchase at each reception, with 60 percent of the purchase going to the artist, so that they can continue to invest in their passion; and the other 40 percent will benefit a selection of Tamworth Non-Profits.

If you are an artist that would like to participate in this event, please contact the TVC. If you are someone who wants to know more about painting, please come and meet the artists, as they love to share their passion. If you are a collector, then come and stay with a local innkeeper and bring a perfect piece of Tamworth home with you.

                                                                     
Collectors Guides and Posters will be available for sale at all of the participating locations.
Social media: facebook.com/tamworthnh instagram.com/visittamworth
 

Scenes from Wet Paint 2017